Le Caveau Seafood Chowder
Recipe provided by: Chef Jason Lynch from Caveau Restaurant at Grand Pré Winery
|8||medium scallops, cut in half|
|1/2lb (225g)||cooked lobster|
|1 cup (250ml)||chicken stock|
|3 cups (750ml)||water|
|1/2 cup (125ml)||cream|
|4 slices||potato bread|
|2||cloves of garlic|
|4 tbls (60ml)||ground almonds|
|2||green onions, thinly sliced|
|? cup(125ml)||toasted slivered almonds|
|sea salt and white pepper|
- Break up the bread and soak in cream for 20 minutes.
- Bring stock and water to a boil in medium pot and then reduce to a simmer. Add the soaked bread and cream, puree well with a hand blender.
- Add almonds and finely chopped garlic. Season to taste with sea salt and white pepper.
- Add scallops to the chowder and simmer for 2 minutes.
- To serve, place cooked lobster in the bottom of individual serving bowls and ladle chowder on top. Garnish with slivered almonds, green onions and smoked paprika. Serve right away.
*Makes 4 servings.