Travel Media Policy
Tourism Nova Scotia can provide financial assistance to media who are interested in visiting the province to generate written or broadcast coverage of our province's people, cultures, events and attractions. Support is provided to assist with travel expenses.
If you are seeking financial assistance for your media visit, please complete and submit our media visit request form. Travel media interested in visiting Nova Scotia should complete this form at least six weeks in advance of visit.
We consider each media visit request individually to ensure it meets the strategic direction of the Travel Media Program. Media may request multiple visits per fiscal year, however we may not be able to provide financial support for all requests due to budget and strategic considerations. Once we receive the media request and review the form, we will contact you directly for follow up.
We provide the following for approved media visits:
- reimbursement for airfare*
- rental car (we cover the rental fee, basic insurance and taxes only.)
- meals (breakfast and dinner only)
- facilitating visits to attractions and venues
- itinerary development
- interview needs
*When the request is approved by Tourism Nova Scotia, airline tickets are to be purchased directly by the journalist / media representative and a copy is to be forwarded to Tourism Nova Scotia for reimbursement. The ticket must be economy fare. Excess baggage charges will not be reimbursed unless approved in advance of purchase by Tourism Nova Scotia.
NOTE: Due to budget restraints, we cannot provide assistance for the following: lunch, snacks, gratuities, fuel, rental car amenities (ie. GPS, additional driver, car seats, etc) and personal and/or travel insurance. Film permits may be required in some areas and are the direct responsibility of the visiting journalist / media representative. Please understand that our primary goal is to assist media who can provide editorial coverage of Nova Scotia as a travel destination and we may not be able to accommodate spouses, children or accompanying visitors
The Travel Media Program contributes to Nova Scotia’s Tourism plan by fostering and maintaining a strong relationship between the province of Nova Scotia and travel media from various markets so as to present the unique products and experiences we have to offer.
Travel Media guests include television/film, radio, newspaper or magazine writers, photojournalists and bloggers. Tours last from several days to two weeks and may involve individuals or a small group. Involvement will enhance awareness of your business and area to media outlets worldwide.
To participant in our Travel Media Program, we require the following:
- Minimum 30% discount on all goods and services, including food, year round (exclusive of HST and gratuities).
- Direct billing arrangements with the Tourism Nova Scotia. To ensure prompt payment for your services, please ensure that the following is indicated on all invoices:
- Discount applied (ie. $125 reg rate - less 30% discount of $37.50)
- Date of service and name of the journalist or group
* Please note that the Government of Nova Scotia now provides “direct deposit” service to ensure your bills are paid in a more timely and efficient manner. If you agree to participate in the program, we will provide the necessary documents to register you with the Department of Finance.
NOTE: If you would like to participate in our program, please complete the registration form and return to us at your earliest convenience. If you agree to participate in this program, we will keep you in our database of preferred suppliers until such time as the requirements change or you no longer wish to participate in the program. If you no longer wish to participate, please contact us immediately.
We post regularly with information exclusively for Travel Media about new operators and products, what’s hot in Nova Scotia, story ideas, recent publications and more.
|Download Photos & Video ?|